At the Reddy Aesthetic Institute, we believe everyone has a responsibility to practice good stewardship of the environment and it’s resources. While it’s easy to ask what difference one can possibly make, the fact is that a community of engaged stakeholders implementing incremental changes can exert significant change.
Some facts regarding the environment and waste:
- Without exception, recycling is the top action society can undertake to simultaneously improve: the environment, the economy, sustainable manufacturing, and to prevent waste from going into the ocean (Source: Recycle Across America).
- Plastic is the most common compound found in the ocean. It is harmful for the environment as it is not easily broken down and considered as food by marine animals (Source: Conserve Energy Future).
- The average person has the opportunity to recycle 25,000 aluminum cans over a lifetime and recycling a single aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for 3-hours (Source: Recycle Across America).
- Approximately 1.4-billion pounds of trash enters the ocean per year (Source: NOAA).
- To produce each weeks Sunday newspapers, 500,000 trees must be cut down. (Source: www.timetorecycle.com).
- 75% of our trash can be recycled.
At the Reddy Aesthetic Institute, we have instituted several measures to save energy and resources. This includes a strict recycling policy; implementation of cloud based services in order to minimize paper consumption in our practice; garments that utilize bamboo fiber; and energy saving measures such as the Nest learning thermostat etc.
We continue to seek new ways in which we can minimize our environmental foot-print and are always open to suggestions from our clients.